Monday, March 23, 2009

Rocococococo

I posted this in my personal sketch blog but I think it would be a good idea to have this here as a follow-up to my last post. I tend to take a lot of inspiration from what I see in real life, live-action movies, and sometimes music. I have a few artists and art styles I look to, but I feel I don't do this as much as I should. I'm working to fix that.

One of my biggest interests at the moment, and most likely the biggest influence on the final for this class, is the Rococo style. There is something so enjoyable about the superfluous, decorative style of 18th century French courts. It's beautiful, girly, and art simply for art's sake, not necessarily trying to be anything more.

So, having said all that, you saw some videos, so now have some images:





Fragonard <3



This shot is the essence of what I try to capture in my girly drawings: sexy, cute, and very classy.



Adorable 18th century French fashion: cute, feminine, but meant to seduce.



Glamorous princess fashion, Versailles luxury, and CAKES!! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment